How to decide which wedding caterer to use!

October 27th, 2015 Posted by No Comment yet

One of the most important decisions when planning a wedding is deciding which Indian wedding catering company to use. Having so many companies on the market makes it a very difficult choice. Most people tend to look at the price and settle for the cheapest company providing Indian catering services. Below we will go through some examples of what to look for:

The Food

When looking at different menu’s from a range of caterers you will notice that a lot of dishes sound the same but it is important to know that no two dishes are the same. There is a reason why some caterers are more expensive than others and this will be down to a range of reasons such using fresh ingredients and not frozen, or using premium cuts of meat and not the cheap unwanted cuts. All these types of reasons dictate the cost of the menu. Be open-minded when going for a food tasting and ask the caterer a lot of questions about ingredients and freshness. Tasting the food will give you a great insight into what you want.

Staffing and Service

Good Indian caterers will know exactly how much staffing they will need on the day, so ask. If the answer you get is vague and does not fill you with confidence then the company may not know and this may cause issues on your big day. An Indian catering service without the adequate amount of staff is headed for disaster!

Crockery, Cutlery, Glassware and Extras

Almost all wedding food catering companies offer a range of extras for the big day. One of the most important parts to arrange is the crockery and cutlery. If these are not provided by the venue then as the catering company to see what they offer. Some Indian wedding caterers also offer complete event services such as Photographer, DJ’s, entertainment, Table Linen etc. Getting all you needs from one source may save you some money so keep an open mind.

Booking and Contract

Make sure before booking that you read the contract in full. Be sure you are aware of the cancellation policy and also the deposit details and payment schedule. Most Indian caterers ask for a 25% deposit with the remaining 75% payable, 1 month before the event.

I hope the above guide helps you when it comes down choosing a wedding food catering company.